configuring kernel for new (ARM) board

I've got a Cogent CSB335, based on a Sharp LH79520 (ARM7TDMI) microncontroller, and I'd like to get linux up and running on the beast, but I don't know where to start. The standard kernel configuration (for 2.4.22) doesn't list the CSB335 as a supported system and I don't immediately see how to do a finer grained configuration. The included documentation in linux-2.4.22/Documentation/arm was informative, but I'm still pretty much adrift.

I need some pointers for configuring the kernel for an unsupported system, a few web-pages or book recommendations would be enough. If anyone knows of a place to get a pre-configured kernel for this system, that would be even better.

thanks.

-- Jeff Dutky

Reply to
Jeffrey Dutky

Hi Jeffrey,

This won't help you directly, but it might help indirectly.

My ignorant guess is that you have a lot of work to do.

[snip]

Linux has been ported to the Acorn / Castle / RISCOS range of computers and they use ARM processors. You might find something useful if you google through the comp.sys.acorn.* groups.

BTW, are you sure that you don't want to set followups to one group? I am reading c.o.l.h.

HTH

--
Sig goes here...
Peter D.