Commercial embedded distro s home made Linux

I'm in charge to study how can I pass a custom board running a custom BSP and psos to a Linux kernel with RTOS capabilities (for instance Xenomai). Basically i wanted to know which benefits can I get to use a commercial distribution (Montavista, LynuxWorks Bluecat RT, ... ) compared to a home made Linux. My target is a custom board based on MPC875 with 8MB of Flash and 16MB of SDRAM. I'm looking for feedbacks about this two issues ? What is yours points of view ?

Thanks by advance guys

Chk

Reply to
Chk