C Developp for Embedded linux

Hello, I was used Turbo C for DOS I am developping now , a new software for embedded linux( we used an LCD

1/4 VGA, ethernet, ans USB ) ( no keyboard but possibility to use a mouse) I don't know where are the best debugger (easy to use like Turbo C) I try gdb but it is not very usefull.
Reply to
Kakrocq

gdb is extremely useful - it is widely used for all sorts of debugging tasks, and is the standard for linux debugging. However, if by "not very useful" you mean "not very easy to use" or "no nice gui", then you are right - it is vastly more flexible and powerful than Turbo C's debugger, but has a much steeper learning curve. What you want to do is use a gui front-end to gdb, giving you the best of both worlds. Commonly used front-ends are Insight (which is standard for modern gdb builds), gvd, gps, ddd and emacs.

Reply to
David Brown

Kakrocq emitted:

What is Turbo C? Is it a addon for gcc to make it faster ?

Regards

j:)

Reply to
Juergen_Sievers