busybox and udev

I am trying to implement udev with busybox, I am using busybox 1.1 I believe; and udev.87. Mdev, from what I have read isn't very good. Has anyone had any luck with implementing these two programs?

-Jimmie

Reply to
jimi_xyz

Rather than repeating your query, let us know what you did and what problems you're seeing...

The anwser to your question is 'yes'.

--Yan

--
  o__
  ,>/'_          o__

No problems yet; I am just wondering if its possiable to get the two working together. Sorry didn't mean to repeat myself.

-Jimmie

Reply to
jimi_xyz

Read the archives at busybox.net. Lots of good info there on udev/devfs/mdev and busybox....

I run a 2.4 kernel, busybox 1.1.0pre, and devfs+devfsd, with no problems....

--
  o__
  ,>/'_          o__
  (_)\(_)        ,>/'_        o__
Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)       ,>/'_     o__
Certified Personal Trainer   (_)\(_)    ,>/'_        o__
Licensed Professional Engineer         (_)\(_)       ,>/'_
Who says engineers have to be pencil necked geeks?  (_)\(_)
Reply to
Captain Dondo

aight im running the 2.6.13 kernel w/ slackware; I looked on busybox.net didn't really see an article on udev, but will look harder.

thank you, jimmie

Reply to
jimi_xyz