BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200- EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

Reply to
twgray

I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of other systems. I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200. Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these processors.

Cliff

-- ======================

Cliff Brake

Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:38:06 -0800, Cliff Brake a écrit:

What is this openembedded that everyone is talking about? I have been using buildroot infrastructure for our custom board AT91RM9200 (based on ATMEL Dev Kit) and it works fine.

--
HBV
Reply to

Their web site is down at the moment (at least I can not access), so take a look at this:

anon

twgray ha scritto:

Hi Terry, you have various options :-)

  1. Standard vanilla kernel with AT91 patches ftp://ftp.eu.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.23.tar.bz2

  1. OpenEmbedded

  2. Linux4Sam from Atmel

  1. Our KaeilOS embedded linux (last but not least)

If these would not be enough, google may help you ;-)

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen

-- Marco Cavallini | KOAN SAS | Bergamo - Italia embedded and real-time software engineering Atmel Third Party Consultant Phone:+39-035-255.235 - Fax:+39-178-22.39.748

Meet us @ Embedded World 2008 - Nurenberg February 26-28, 2008 Hall 11 - 224

Reply to
Marco Cavallini [KOAN]

-

Look like the web site is back up :-)

OpenEmbedded is just another build system for building embedded Linux distributions. Some of the reasons I use it are:

- _lots_ of packages -- 1000's:

- fairly consistent and symmetrical build system

- support for lots of targets:

- works on about any Linux workstation as OE builds many of the native tools needed

Depending what you need, OE does a pretty good job. Each tool has its strength, so it really comes down to what need.

Cliff

-- =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Cliff Brake