board/module recommendation

Hello,

Yet another request for recommendation of an embedded linux board/module I'm afraid. The requirements are pretty specific, I haven't seen anything in my searches with the entire feature set I need, but the expected quantity (~30) is unlikely to justify a custom build.

Core platform:

  • >= 200MHz system clock * >= 32MB DRAM * >= 16MB Flash * CompactFlash / SD card slot * 3x SPI interface (ideally multiple independent channels, but multiple chip selects OK) * USB host controller * VGA
  • Linux 2.6.recent support for all of the above (esp. drivers)

The USB + VGA is for touchscreen module interfacing, so a unit with builtin or optional touchscreen module is also suitable (8/16 bit colour, 7-8" diagonal)

It's the SPI headers and VGA/TS that seem to be the showstopper.

Looking at Gumstix.com/org, there is a bit of info on connecting LCD modules to Gumstix but it looks pretty hacky. And no info re: touchscreen support. SPI also draws a blank.

Any suggestions and recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Williams

V Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:52:30 +1000, John Williams napsal(a):

TS7300 from embeddedarm.com

There is one SPI on the board itself. You could program the FPGA to provide the others. The DIO on that board is fully programmable via the FPGA.

Normally the flash on the board is unpopulated but they can add up to 64 MB of flash I think.

2.6 is not officially supported but there are people running it. You may have a problem with SD support and 2.6; by definition sd support is a binary blob unless you use the much slower MMC io. (If I'm wrong on this, please correct me.)

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

[snip]

Thanks for the suggestion, I am looking at this board as one option.

Another good reason against binary blob drivers... sigh..

Thanks again,

John

Reply to
John Williams

John, hope you can find some information here

ali

Reply to
Ali