Binary to Assembly

Hi Friends, Can anybody tell me how to generate assembly listings from a binary file. Are there any tools available ... if yes pls gimme the links where I can get them... with Regards, Kishore.S.Kumar

Reply to
Kishore.S

Hello,

Such program is called "disassembler". I haven`t used it for many years, so I can`t advice you exact program. But I`m sure, you will find some in the internet.

Trix.

Reply to
Ralf

GNU binutils package contains objdump, which can disassemble compiled object code.

Cheers,

Remove /-nsp/ for email.
Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

$ man objcopy

$ man objdump

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm having an
                                  at               emotional outburst!!

DLL for windows but disassembler sources are in ANSI C

of course I think you mean Intel 80x86 assembler or compatible

Reply to
Socket

Since it's an embedded linux newsgroup, wouldn't one assume he means Gnu 80x86 assembler?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Either CONFESS now or
                                  at               we go to "PEOPLE'S COURT"!!