Best IDE for Cross-Development on Linux

Hi Everybody, I am relatively new to embedded-linux and am trying to build a cross-development environment for PowerPC on Linux(x86).I have already collected the GNU compiler,binutils,debugger,kernel sources,libraries,trace tools etc for specific PowerPC architecture. Please suggest me an open source IDE which can integrate these tools and ease embedded linux development...something like DevRocket from montaVista. Thanks in advance.

Regards DSKR

Reply to
DSKR

Don't know what "DevRocket" is, but IMO the best development environment for native as well as cross development is a decent editor, make, ctags, bash, et al.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOW!! Up ahead! It's
                                  at               a DONUT HUT!!

KDevelop 3.0 (also known as Gideon, currently in beta 2) is an interesting option (I added remote debugging capability not that long ago)

Eclipse is another alternative (written in Java)

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
SkellefteƄ

sources,libraries,trace

montaVista.

Take a look at Eclipse

It takes a bit getting used to but it does quite well. You need to get the Eclipse SDK as well as the C/C++ module. Runs on many host systems (it's a Java app) and can deal with standard Makefile stuff.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Turk

Has the C/C++ (used to be called CDT) plugin improved recently? Last time I tried it was unusable. I second the command line toolchain along with your favorite editor. bob

Reply to
bob holder

I just migrated from UltraEdit and command line to Eclipse with C/C++ CDT for a GCC based project running on Linux, Solaris, AIX, MacOS and Win32. I run Eclipse on WinXP, but expect it to work equally well on any Unix flavor. So far I have no complaints, it does what I want it to.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Turk