Best Emb-distro for Arcade Games

Hello,

I need to install a Linux Embedded distribution that simply launch an application for an Arcade game from a compact flash on Via Epia board...whitch distribution/docs I need?

Thank alot!

Reply to
Gamer

Hello,

If you only want to start an application directly after booting a kernel on x86, you could simply build a kernel, build a file system on your CF and copy a statically-linked version of your game onto that CF. Then create any files your app needs and create a symlink to /sbin/init. The kernel will then run your app automatically (and panic, if it ends).

Another option is using Busybox for getting both init and a shell, create some scripts and be happy. You don't need a full-blown distribution, if you can compile the game for yourself (maybe even with a cross-compiler).

Documentation ... well, compiling a kernel, compiling busybox and maybe something about cross-compilers. I personally use buildroot [

] to create my toolchain and the busybox-binary. Everything else is work, but not too hard. Busybox' documentation [
] is useful.

Everything else depends on your application.

Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

THANKS ALOT Sebastian!!! ;-)