Backporting V4L2 (Video 4 Linux 2)

Hi

Anybody backported V4L2 (Video 4 Linux 2) from 2.6.26 later to previous versions (like 2.6.18 etc) ?

Scenario:

We have a platform which is running 2.6.18 kernel, and most of our modules are developed on that.Our hardware team developed new webcam which requires UVC(US?B VIdeo Class) driver for its operations. So I backported UVC driver from 2.6.26 to 2.6.18 .

But I found that ,

1)performance is not so good , due to old V4L2 (Video 4 Linux 2 library) 2)Features are minimum 3)We are going to manufacture different more cards , which V4L2 of 2.6.18 kernel might not have support

Decision : I decided to backport 2.6.26 to 2.6.18 , but I find it has lot many differences

Question: Did anybody backported V4 L2 ? If so , how much time did it take and what would be the complexity of the task

Reply to
GürüPràçäd

I didn't do it, but I would expect it to be hard (if not impossible).

Why not upgrade the kernel?

Reply to
anon

Hi Anon

We have lot of corporate kernel modules , which are written on kernel 2.6.18 . It would be difficult task to port every other modules to new kernel , for that sake of one module

--- > > Question: =A0 =A0 Did anybody backported V4 L2 ? If so , how much time =

did

Reply to
GürüPràçäd