Automotive stack under Linux

Hi all,

Do you know if there is a CAN (automotive network) stack under Linux ?

Do you know if there is a CAN stack emulator / simulator / analyser under Linux ?

I need to experiment CAN under Linux.

TIA & BR,

Alain.

Reply to
Alain RIBAULT

has a CAN bus card for their embedded boxes. I don't know if they have a driver.

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo

Alain RIBAULT ha scritto:

Alain, I suggest you to use SocketCAN, the newest (and the best) CAN technology for linux

Best regards

--
Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - Italia

If you are referring to low level CANbus, all you need is a device driver. For instance the can4linux driver supports a few card types and uses a standard open/read/write/select interface.

The only high level standard automotive protocols I can think of are the J1939 engine control protocol and some GPS navigation protocols which are built on CAN frames.

CANbus is also used as the lower level for industrial protocols such as CanOpen and DeviceNet.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

have a look at these:

Open Components for Embedded Real-time Applications

rtcan - realtime CAN on linux

CanFestival CANopen Framework

-shaharyar

Reply to