ARM boot technology going up a notch

Those interfaces are generally not available to the end-user of consumer hardware. The end-user has, as available interfaces, things like USB, SD, and (in PC's) CDROM drives.

Reply to
chrisv

He's also a fraud. He invented nanobots you know. He's looking for investors.

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux

In many jurisdictions (particularly in the US) that requires that he _knows_ he didn't invent nanobots (or whatever).

So I've heard. :)

He'll probably find some. Enough people "invest" in perpetual motion, cold fusion, 419 schemes, etc. that it's hard to imagine there isn't somebody willing to hand him some money.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is something VIOLENT
                                  at               going to happen to a

Which is nothing as CPUs have been around for decades.

So you learned to read my post!!! Date: Sunday 05 August 2012 13:06:23 ++++++++++ It is revolutionary - not many have it with the booting features enabled on virgin chips leaving the factory. Reading the forums, I only come across second hand info that the A10 and may be some TI/NXP chips as having it. The tech specs seem to be a closely guarded secret so still hunting for details. Why they are hiding the info I don't understand because all it does is hold back the sale of their own chips!!

As I told you it hardly common except in a very rare set of CPUs. Outliers like high priced $40 SoCs like TI OMAP 3515 or CPUs with software written to it by third parties don't count towards creating a revolution. But low priced, high feature SoC costing $10 and readily available like A10 are sporting it which is why it is such a big big revolution.

It puts Linux within the reach of anyone with soldering capability to boot Linux without having to buy a JTAG programmer.

Reply to
7

I'm a slow learner (I've only been using Usenet for 20 years).

You spotted my true motives :-) Normally I try to be polite, but sometimes there is great pleasure in insulting someone who deserves it.

Reply to
David Brown

OMAPs are not rare, nor are they particularly high price for powerful chips that are available in small volumes.

And the specs are only "closely guarded" from people incapable of using a web page.

The A10 is a /core/, not a chip.

There are /no/ $10 high-feature SoC chips that are readily available. Chips in this price category certainly exist - but /you/ cannot buy them. They are only sold in very large quantities. Companies buying them have no problems getting hold of the detailed specs.

Thus no revolution.

Do you think you make use of one of these devices - even if you could buy it - using a soldering iron?

These chips are certainly very popular with small users and hobby users

- but they buy ready-made boards with the processor / SoC, along with memory, network interfaces, USB drivers, etc. And the boards all come with a bootloader pre-programmed, so it doesn't matter what sort of boot modes are supported by the ROM on the SoC.

Some revolution!

Reply to
David Brown

True A10 could be a core and not a chip, but the one I'm referring to is the A10 chip (which I think has an A8 core - clear as mud eh?)

Mega revolution - from chip to Linux was 2 or 3 days for TI.

I'm doing it now to eliminate a ton of problems on newly designed systems associated with driving colour LCD. I'd rather have an embedded Linux computer driving an LCD than a custom LCD window manager.

Only you are reliant on someone to research and put on the chip a boot loader which pushes up the costs.

Yes a big revolution. No longer do you need to buy a JTAG debugger before your CPU is operational.

Just one engineer can do this now:

New SoC comes out -> 3 days to boot linux > 10 days to start selling bare boards > 8 weeks to market with new tablet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest revolution for techies on the planet I'd say!

Reply to
7

But he can use the "power of Linux".... He only recently compiled his first OSS app from source so his idiocy is somewhat explained by his excitement at being "1337".

7 is an idiot. You're wasting your breath.

But, but, he has been called a "genius" in COLA. Its "linux".

7 is simple. Leave it at that.
--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID:
Reply to
Hadro

Meet the Hadron QUAAAaaackkhhh! troll.

With a most distinctive QUAAAaaakkhhhh!! you ever heard!!

Works the newsgroups trolling on behalf of companies like Burson-Marstelar, eEdelman and their leader Sorel working for Micorshaft and APphole because these crocporations have grown such big heads so they think Linux is a threat to them and hire these trolls to disrupt usenet users illegally.

Sorel's Burson-Marstelar runs a vast factory manufacturing internet abuse.

If police raided Sorel's internet abuse factories where disciple Hadron works his guts off to scream abuse at usenet users who use Linux to please his master Sorel, then they would be compelled by law to take names and addresses of all present, confiscate all computers and servers, and contact all victims of internet abuse and then charge abusers with criminal offenses as outraged victims of organized internet abuse for money press charges.

From what I hear these criminals from PR companies like Sorel's Burson-Marstelar now graduate and sneak into charities to DELIBERATELY siphon money into Sorel's off shored companies. The Sorel empire is cracking under the weight of 100,000 disciples to feed.

Interpol/FBI where are you when you are needed?

Trolling is an Industry in USA

------------------------------

Hiring trolls is ignorant.

Most US politicians and businesses are so corrupt and reliant to the point of addiction on trolls and trolling and so they fund it all illegally through charities because funding through charities is untraceable through loopholes in US law.

The US politicians, embassy staff and anyone else falling for it like Spanish government should know that the US trolls ordering embassies to this kind of work have no mandate for these kinds of activities.

Just rich companies that have bank rolled teams of asstroturfers to create fake support and certainly no mandate. Companies like Eedleman also run fake survey companies and delete everything except outlying data to fake their reports to add legitimacy to their trolling campaigns.

There is NO MANDATE when fake asstroturfers are driving the agenda.

The situation is so bad, it has spread into the military. No one now knows who drives what agenda because there is no traceability.

The fscking military, politicians, enviro nuts, music mafia, using asstroturfing technology need the riot act read to them.

The situation is so incomprehensible that the US has been declared falsely that it is the most charitable nation in the world when at the same time 3 million US families are living in shelter, and most of that charity money is fake money being diverted from corporations into the coffers of asstroturfing and PR companies. What would you do if you were forced into a shelter and all your charity money was stolen from your charity? You are down and they still want to steal YOUR CHARITY MONEY?!?? Thats right you would tell them NEVER and tell them fsck off in no uncertain terms and get the law changed to make it a criminal offense to steal charity money or spend it on anything other than 100% certified peer revied charity without kickbacks, without creative accounting and without morally unjust criminal behavior within the charity system.

Most of the money funneled through charities never make it to charitable causes in the USA. It is stolen by politicians and pressure groups to cover up their fake funding routes for asstroturfing. They are used to it so we got to get over it?

No thanks!!!!

Not a single politician, embassy staff or military has a mandate for one single political agenda because no one knows who is funding who and who's agenda is real and whose agenda is fake. Every signature collected is one more fake signature for a mandate written out by asstroturfers.

Asstroturfing through charities undermines society, and all the nations dealing with US and it must stop because no one in US has any legitimate mandates for any of this activity any more.

If they have it, then should display their mandate with pride, and show where the support had come from and if any of it is through charities, then the whole mandate is faked because charity status is being abused to hide funding routes for corporate asstroturfing.

Asstroturfer offerings

----------------------

I've just read the contents of the fbo.gov solicitation RTB220610

The US government wants asstroturfers and with it sophisticated asstroturfing technology to drown out democratic free speech, and then hide from those whom it seeks to victimize.

It was point no.3 that caught my eye:

0003- Static IP Address Management

What that means is the same as what I've been saying for a while about doofi, flatcake and clog are true.

They are not individuals but a whole asstroturfing team behind each sock puppet.

There isn't enough memory between the sock operators to know or remember what had been said earlier so you know the conversations are being typed out by multiple individuals impersonating each other. It was notable gaffs by the goofy doofy sock that first gave it away.

The asstroturfing teams had already gone into government and offered them consulting services about what technology and asstroturfing practices were out there for fbo.gov to decide what they will purchase in solicitation RTB220610. Burson-Marstelar won the contract performing all the activities required in the solicitation with fantastic usenet software tools for targeting individuals and trolling 24/7 and all built in outsourced India.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Solicitation Number: RTB220610 Notice Type: Sources Sought Synopsis: Added: 2010-06-22 13:42:52Jun 22, 2010 1:42 pm Modified: 2010-06-22 14:07:11Jun 22, 2010 2:07 pmTrack Changes

0001- Online Persona Management Service.

50 User Licenses, 10 Personas per user. Software will allow 10 personas per user, replete with background, history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographically consistent. Individual applications will enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries. Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms. The service includes a user friendly application environment to maximize the user's situational awareness by displaying real-time local information.

0002- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN).

1 each VPN provides the ability for users to daily and automatically obtain randomly selected IP addresses through which they can access the internet. The daily rotation of the user s IP address prevents compromise during observation of likely or targeted web sites or services, while hiding the existence of the operation. In addition, may provide traffic mixing, blending the user s traffic with traffic from multitudes of users from outside the organization. This traffic blending provides excellent cover and powerful deniability. Anonymizer Enterprise Chameleon or equal

0003- Static IP Address Management.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

50 each Licence protects the identity of government agencies and enterprise organizations. Enables organizations to manage their persistent online personas by assigning static IP addresses to each persona. Individuals can perform static impersonations, which allow them to look like the same person over time. Also allows organizations that frequent same site/service often to easily switch IP addresses to look like ordinary users as opposed to one organization. Anonymizer IP Mapper License or equal

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

0004- Virtual Private Servers,

CONUS. 1 each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of presence locations that are setup for each customer based on the geographic area of operations the customer is operating within and which allow a customer?s online persona(s) to appear to originate from. Ability to provide virtual private servers that are procured using commercial hosting centers around the world and which are established anonymously. Once procured, the geosite is incorporated into the network and integrated within the customers environment and ready for use by the customer. Unless specifically designated as shared, locations are dedicated for use by each customer and never shared among other customers. Anonymizer Annual Dedicated CONUS Light Geosite or equal

0005- Virtual Private Servers, OCONUS.

8 Each Provides CONUS or OCONUS points of presence locations that are setup for each customer based on the geographic area of operations the customer is operating within and which allow a customer?s online persona(s) to appear to originate from. Ability to provide virtual private servers that are procured using commercial hosting centers around the world and which are established anonymously. Once procured, the geosite is incorporated into the network and integrated within the customers environment and ready for use by the customer. Unless specifically designated as shared, locations are dedicated for use by each customer and never shared among other customers. Anonymizer Annual Dedicated OCONUS Light Geosite or equal

0006- Remote Access Secure Virtual Private Network.

1 each Secure Operating Environment provides a reliable and protected computing environment from which to stage and conduct operations. Every session uses a clean Virtual Machine (VM) image. The solution is accessed through sets of Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices located at each Customer facility. The fully-managed VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) is an environment that allows users remote access from their desktop into a VM. Upon session termination, the VM is deleted and any virus, worm, or malicious software that the user inadvertently downloaded is destroyed. Anonymizer Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Solution or equal.

Contracting Office Address: 2606 Brown Pelican Ave. MacDill AFB, Florida 33621-5000 United States Place of Performance: Performance will be at MacDIll AFB, Kabul, Afghanistan and Baghdad, Iraq. MacDill AFB , Florida 33679 United States Primary Point of Contact.: Russell Beasley, Contracting Officer snipped-for-privacy@macdill.af.mil Phone: (813) 828-4729 Fax: (813) 828-5111

Reply to
7

Poor "7".

Ventures outside of COLA and humiliates himself and starts spamming legitimate groups : very sad.

Reply to
Hadro

Poor Hadron Quaaakkkkhhhh!!!!

Could not agree more with you there sister Quaaakkkhhhh!!!!

Reply to
7

Hows the "European Inventor Of The Year" "award" working out for you, you little fraud?

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID:
Reply to
Hadro

The 7-tard considers himself to be an embedded software engineer. Unfortunately he knows nothing about embedded developent and knows even less about software engineering.

The nym "7" is perfect for him. It's both his shoe-size and his IQ.

--
"I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

Babbling idiot "7"
March 7, 2012
Reply to
Ezekiel

This is priceless:

,---- | -- | "I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better | than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits | and byte movements.... If you know the assembler in detail, you would know | what "select * from employees" would translate into assembler and how | different and yet similar that would be from "select name from employees" | | Babbling idiot "7" | March 7, 2012 | `----

It takes a special type of moron to think he can get nonsense of this magnitude past SW developers with even only a modicum of experience. Tweaking Oracle optimsations and access paths alone is a full time job never mastered by mans. Only a real moron like 7 could claim he could "assembler" it because he "thinks in bits and bytes"....

LOL! What a fraud!

--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a
Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID:
Reply to
Hadro

As someone who once worked for a third party software developer who had to support chips in this category, I disagree with this. We had numerous delays waiting for manuals to percolate through the proper channels (including for Broadcom chips -- even the register model for an ethernet PHY was under non-disclosure and took a while to get). Then there's the issue of whether you can use the manual to work on open source software without violating the NDA. And forget about it if you're an individual maintainer of an open source project who just wants some context with which to review a patch that was submitted.

In my current job I sometimes even have a hard time finding documentation produced by the company I work for, even after the chips/boards are in the hands of customers and available for purchase in quantities of one on various websites. There's no intent to withhold it that I can tell (most of our documentation is on the public website, but there are some exceptions that I think are not intentional). It just would be a lot easier if I could find it on the public website.

Sometimes those come with unreasonable terms you have to agree to, such as the poorly defined phrase "non-commercial use only". I'm not going to sell copies of the manual (copyright would cover this without needing more restrictive legalese), but if I want the information to help me in my paid job to write software for the chip...

And consider that a chip that might not be "easily available" in chip form may be easily available from one of the chipmaker's "few" customers in the form of a board or other device. A few years back I tried to get documentation on a Realtek ethernet chip that I had bought (in the form of a PCI card) at CompUSA, and the response was "why do you need this?" (I needed it because their MacOS X 10.3 driver was crashing and I wanted to port the open-source BSD driver -- ended up just upgrading to 10.4 instead). At the extreme end you have companies like nVidia where it really is a "closely guarded secret".

A lot of development boards will come with U-Boot already installed on the flash. No real need for JTAG unless you want to replace U-Boot (or you want it for debugging).

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Wood