ARM based binary with GDB

Jambo, Im trying to run an ARM based binary under the gdb (in x86 based CPU) but without any success.

With GDB I use the following compile options: ./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=aem-little-elf

and the binary is compiled with arm-linux-gcc (a toolchain that I found from web).

The GDB gives me an outpout: (gdb) target sim Connected to the simulator. (gdb) load ... (gdb) run Starting program: test ARMulator can't allocate VM page: Cannot allocate memory

It seems that the brk() starts to loop and finally crashes. Is there some memory configuration that I have to change? Is it even possible to run an ARM based binary this way?

Any help is highly appreciated Pee

Reply to
pee-u

Hi Pee, I am also in the same arm-linux-gdb Boat. But, i did it somewhat differently. I am trying to debug a Arm Cross Compiled Program(using arm-linux-gcc) using GDB. normal GDB does not support debugging cross compiled programs. So, I configured it with the target as arm-linux-gnu. like :-->

./configure --target=arm-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr

But, i was not able to get the arm-linux-gdb binary or the simulator. how to get my armulator Up in My I386 Box ?

kindly give me some ideas in this regard, thanx, karthik bala guru

Reply to
karthik bala guru