Anyone cross-compiled netperf?

I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully cross-compiled netperf for an embedded platform. In particular I would like to know what changes if any I must/should make in the configure script to make it easier for folks.

happy benchmarking

rick jones

Rick Jones

Hm, cross compiled netperf for a DBOX running Linux, but this has not much been a Problem with the configure script running natively on an x86 Linux host before compiling and running make CC=cross-compiler afterwords.

I tend to use scatchbox for cross compiling Linux Application because of the configure scripts trying to configure the build machine instead of the target.

Sven

--
Osama bin Laden might wish to destroy America, but America is too big for
him; he cannot do it. Bush may really do it. (Richard M. Stallman)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web
Reply to
Sven Geggus

Good to hear.

To show my level of cluelessness - scratchbox? Any idea if there is something I might do in the netperf configure script to make things better for cross-compilation?

rick jones

Rick Jones

Scratchbox is a linux target (e.g. ARM) emulation environment for a linux host (e.g. i386). See

for details.

I have no Idea. I tend to use "make CC=foo" after running configure. This does work because any Linux is like Linux on the C-API Level. It might cause trouble in an attemt to auto-detect endianess. It definitely did work when cross-compiling netperf on x86 for a DBOX (Power-PC, big endian) also running Linux.

Sven

--
Why are there so many Unix-haters-handbooks and not even one
Microsoft-Windows-haters handbook?