Any low cost solution for flash programming on PowerPC 405GP JTAG?

[Test] I am trying to use a real news server rather than posting from google.groups. Sorry for repeat posts if you did not filter it before. I wonder in order to avoid treating as SPAM, should I assign email address other than my gmail account? ^_^ Or will my post be still SPAM-like even if I send articles through real news server?

Howdy,

I have a PowerPC 405GP Walnut eval board. Recently, by accident, the flash which stores U-Boot is corrupted. Therefore the board cannot boot now. I want to use the JTAG port on the board to rewrite the flash with new U-Boot. I found many products for this propers, but they are too expensive for me. It costs $1000-$3000... >_< Eg: BDI2000, Silicon Probe... What I really want is simply use JTAG wiggler and a flash programmer to download uboot into flash. That's all! Nothing else. It would be very pleased if anyone can tell me some relatively low cost method to do so. Thank you very much.

--
ShenLei
Reply to

Now you make me feel bad - more so because I don't have an answer to your actual Flash reload problem. Have you tried at amcc.com?

The Bentium news server is a good one, and I've not seen much spam posted from it. As for using a gmail, hotmail, or yahoo account, there is some risk of users being filtered, but it's a lot less than the risk of filtering due to being posted from google.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Have you googled for "linux jtag"? It lists some software for linux, even free ones. You may have a look at the supported cable types. There are schematics available to build your own parallel-to-jtag cable:

I haven't used the mentioned cable types but I used a parallel cable: it's slow. So the best would be to download just small program into RAM and use a serial line to control that for download, flash erase etc.

Bye, Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Earth, Milky Way, Universe (current)
Reply to