After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?

We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M, if we burn Flash, will it be Ok?. we are using JFFS2 file system, incase if out vmliux size goes beyon what size, I couldnot load onto Flash, thanks in advance.

GS

Reply to
GS

???? WTF did you do? Built a monolithic kernel with every known driver?

I'd start by looking at the build script. My own vmlinux image is about

1MB for an ARM platform.

I think you have problems beyond the flash.

Reply to
CptDondo

Yep...I have never built i kernel that big....Is it possible your talking about your jffs2 image being that big...? if so you must be using glibc and your not stripping the filesystem...

Aliosa27

Reply to
Aliosa27

Or using Konqueror embedded + qt + i18n + UTF-8 fonts.... (Like me. Choke, gag, 33 mb fs... Gah.)

Reply to
CptDondo