Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

initrd
After a new linux installation, i'm unable to boot with previous installed linux. This is because previous installed initrd is overwritten with new initrd. How do I fix this in order to boot with...
2
2

Help: how to cat zImage and romfs.img to image.bin?
Hi all, I need to cat zImage and to and must locate at offset 0x000c0000 in ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- | zImage | (0x000c0000 - (size of zImage) | |...
1
1

My Linux Page
For all the latest News on Linux and Open Source.

Many Embedded Linux Ebook
download good embedded Linux book @ here

Set a perticular Baud rate
Hi all, I want to know how to read through serial port with a particular baud rate of 33.6 Kbaud. Please help me I am stucked in the problem Regards, Meenal
11
11

Frame buffer driver for X server
Hi Evbd, I'm using an arm based board with embedded Linux 2.4 . I just have a simple question :"is there a Linux Frame Buffer driver that redirects display over TCP IP ( X server for example )?. this...
25
25

hi all , when i read the softirq code, i cant understand the code:
hi all , when i read the softirq code, i cant understand the code: static struct softirq_action softirq_vec[32] __cacheline_aligned_in_smp; what dose __cacheline_aligned_in_smp mean? does it a macro?...
1
1

Konqueror/Embedded on GTK
Just curious, can statically linked web browser Konqueror/Embedded running over Linux frame buffer or GTK without QT runtime support?
5
5

DLink DVG-1120 VoIP Gateway
DLink has long discontinued the production line for its DVG-1120 more than two years by now. I wondered if there has been any effort from Linux Embedded community to port Linux on to this device. If...

Wrong AT91RM9200EK Signature in Kernel Image
Dear all, I was building 2.6.19.3 kernel for my AT91RM9200EK board for the first time. I didn't had the "mkImage" binary so I built it using the u-boot sources by configuring it for "DK" board. But...
1
1

soekris + pebble linux + installing linux-wlan-ng-0.2.0
ne ideas how this could be done? This my general idea of how to do it.. but its not quite working out. download copy of kernel. download pebble extract to /usr/pebble/ extract to /usr/linux_kernel/...

recent 8250 serial driver changes in 2.6.x kernels
I purchased a 16c2850 based rs232 four port card and cannot make it work. the vendor says it works in the 2.6.11 kernel but I cannot even compile a kernel that old in my environment: asm errors... The...
3
3

Application programming consideration for MMU less architecture which has embedded Linux running.
Hi, I am working on ARM10 core processor. I am aware of few constrains regarding programming of MMU less architecture which has Linux (uclinux, or 2.6 Linux kernel) running on it. The constrains are...
3
3

Atmel AT91SAM9260 Build - mkimage command not found
Hi everyone, I'm attempting to build the Linux kernel for the first time ever, targeting my AT91SAM9260-EK development board. I'm following the guidelines at this link ( and I've come across a problem...
2
2

Embedded linux resources
I have been trying to find good resources whether on the web, or books, to assist us in embedding linux on an x86 board. I did search this group first before posting, and did not find what I am...
8
8