Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Debugger will not show local variables
This issue might have been posted before, and if so please direct me to the solution. The problem is that when I am debugging my CNU gcc compiled C code with the GDB debugger it claims it cannot find...
2
2

Nothing happens after freeing kernel memory
Hello, I am trying to set up an X-Terminal, but I cannot get my initrd to boot. As filesystem I use cramfs. The tools used are linux-2.4.34.1 and busybox 1.5.0. The same image as an ext2 image...
11
11

Debugging 'hanging' userspace app
Hello all, I hope somebody can give me some tips on how to attack the following problem: I have developed a userspace application running on a 2.4.31 mips embedded system. This app consequently runs...

Embedded Linux Developers Needed
Hi all Hi All, We are developing a Project for one of our Wireless Telecom Provider Clients in San Diego. This is on Embedded Linux Plaform and we are looking for Engineers to work with us....
5
5

[ANN] XSD/e 1.0.0 - embedded XML parsing, validation and C++ data binding
Hi, I am pleased to announce the availability of CodeSynthesis XSD/e 1.0.0. CodeSynthesis XSD/e is an open-source XML parser generator for mobile and embedded systems. It provides event-driven,...

OMAP USB gadgets- only one allowed at a time ? -> Multiple enumeration
All, I'v been given a 2.6.14 kernel (patches by coworkers, and TI), on the OMAP 2430, and my goal is to have load both g_ether.ko and g_serial.ko. I don't know a lot about USB. I want a PC to see both...

(( ÕÜÜÜÜæÑ )) ÅíÑÇäí íÝÚá ÇáÝÇÍÔÉ ÈÇáÃØÝÇá .. ÃäÙÜÑæ ãÇ ßÇä ÌÒÇÁ ÝÚáÊå
CigoINXc3Nzc5tEgKSkgxe3Rx+TtIO3d2uEgx+Hdx83UySDIx+HD2N3H4SAuLiDD5Nnc0eYg48cg 38fkIMzSx8EK3drhyuUKCmh0dHA6Ly93d3cuaGFtbXNzLmNvbS92Yi9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocD9w...

SPI driver for arm running linux
Dear All, I've arm board equipped with Samsung S3C2410A chipset. And at the moment we are using 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa1 linux kernel. Now we need to have SPI support for our product but through my search i...
13
13

Help:Creating Ramdisk image
Hi All, I am new to embedded linux. I am porting linux 2.6.18 kernel on to the ARM9 board. I builded the kernel i am in the process of building the file system any one help me how to build a ramdisk...

Any way to find module in linux kernel image
Hi, After build the kernel, I want to check if the module I added to kernel is in image without downloading the image to target, anyone knows such way( Like in VxWorks, you can check if the module is...
1
1

Take VDC's New Survey on Embedded System Engineering -- Get a free report and enter to win an Amazon gift certificate
If you're a developer of embedded systems, processors, hardware, and/ or software VDC wants to know about your experiences. Venture Development Corporation (VDC), an independent technology research...

New Linux user
can somebody brief me up with linux BSP and application developement? Please tell me about development environment. I am new to linux but quite comfortable with VxWorks Thanks in advance Dilip

After Compilation vmliux image size is 17M, out memory is 32M, will it be Ok?
We are using MIPS based Processor with Embedded Linux, there is 64M RAM and 32M Flash, we are going to add some mkore applicaytion code later, currently the vmliux image size is 17M, if we burn Flash,...
3
3

Building Cross Platform Development Tool Chain for powerpc
Hi Friends, Can any body suggest the working combinational versions of binutils, glinc & gcc for developing a Cross-Platform Development Tool Chain for compiling the linux-2.6 kernel for Powerpc-7410...

Known Functional Combination of Cross-Platform Development Tools