Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DMA transfer size limited on MPC8272
I am DMA'ing from 60x memory to PCI memory and from PCI memory to 60x memory in a Linux device driver using the MPC8272 processor. The DMA completes but the logic analyzer shows that the DMA is broken...

getting IP addresses of network interfaces on Linux box
HI all, I need to know is there anyway I can get the IP addresses of Network interfaces (i.e. physical and logical) on my Linux box through socket APIs? Thanks, B
1
1

how to select whihc is better embedded Linux OS for MPC82xx processor?
Guys: We are going with MPC82xx processor based hardware, can somebody suggest how to select which is better embedded OS for this hardware, what are the main factors we can see to select this OS,...
2
2

Tcl/Tk on bare metal
Does anyone know what is needed to get Tcl/Tk running on a bare framebuffer? I am assuming I'd have to build something like Kdrive, but Google isn't returning any hits for embedded Tcl/Tk.... --Yan
1
1

Looking for a driver for Compact Flash access
Hi, I'm have an embedded system using Compact Flash device. I'm trying to figure out what is the right driver to access the CF. The HW configuration is as following: The CF is connected directly to...
8
8

semop and SCHED_RR under higher CPU loads
Hello group! When running our application on full performances we encountered occasional delays of 100ms. At >80% of CPU load they appear very often - once every few seconds. If load is not so high,...
6
6

your opinion about book
Hello, I ran into the book "Embedded Linux System Design and Development" by Raghavan, it also has been mentioned in another thread. What's your opinion if you had a chance to read it, is it worthy? I...

Need Quality Engineers (with Digital Imaging/Publishing exp.)
Hi We have the following two positions open at one of our Client's site in the Silicon Valley, CA area. Our client, apart from being a pioneer in desktop publishing software provider, also makes web...

initrd usage
Hello, I read Documentation/initrd.txt but still can't understand why to use initrd. Why can't we mount filesystem located on a flash without any intermediate entities like 'initrd' or similar? If...
2
2

kernel startup
Hello, I have a newbie's question. Usually bootloader ends up with launching kernel image. How does it know where kernel resides. Is it developer responsibility to hardcode the location address in...
8
8

Embedded OS and Java Application
Hello ! I need to create an embedded application on an embedded OS. This application will be written in Java and will use a JRE 1.5 The application GUI must take a good look and feed. I think I can...

Cross Compiling Tiny-X for ARM
Dear all. I want to cross compiling Tiny-X for ARM. But I can't find some useful information about the step for cross compile Tiny-X... Who can help me ,give me the detailed step of cross compiling...

Looking for a low cost starter kit.
Just for learning purpose, I'm looking for a starter kit with board and development tools. The price range in my mind is below $200 USD. Prefer companies in Canada or U.S.
10
10

[ANN] Fifteenth Release of Embedded Slackware
slakbootEBS is an easy to use system for creating embedded flash systems with a Slackware flavor. It is distributed in 34 archives that cover i486 & pxa255 archs, in either glibc or uclibc/busybox...

good website for VLSI chip designers
Hi Chip designer, I came across an Excellent website for vlsi chip designer which has a designer's view about all the topics which a frontend and a backend guy would want get addressed. Best regards,