Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RS232 eTouch touchscreen
I got an ARM9 board running Linux 2.6 MontaVista. The board is running SimpleWidget GUI software to give a simple UI interface on a eTouch touchscreen panel. If I want to enable users to interact with...

Actual unused memory
We just fixed a memory leak problem in our embedded application, the output result of MemWatch shows no more memory leak in our code any longer. However when observing free memory in the system...

Watchdog timer driver for iMX-21?
Has anyone written a driver for the watchdog timer in the iMX-21 ARM processor? In the driver init function I am setting the timer to 4 (should giver a 2 second timeout) as follows: WCR = (WCR_WDA |...

how to pre-grow file to certain size ?
Hello, I would appreciate any advice on the following problem. I would like to pre-grow file to certain size (few MBytes). I'll explain what I mean by "pre-grow" by concete example. Let's say that I...
10
10

Problem in upgrading to 2.6 kernel
Hello everyOne! I'm using this [ board that was originally shipped with 2.4 version. 'uname -a' gives me following output: Linux (none) 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa1 #268 .. 7.. 20 10:37:42 CST 2005 armv4l unknown...
8
8

LinuxDevices Website Down?
Can anybody access now? I failed to connect to it for the whole day...

Updated free realtime/embedded info
Hi, I have updated the latest free downloads for embedded/real-time. The latest to be added is, "Case study of the design of the embedded system software for the Hicom telco switching platform"....
3
3

Free embedded realtime software & docs
Hello, I have updated the free material available for download, the latest includes a case study of the Hicom PBX embedded system and software design regards
21
21

Most mature Linux GSM SMS box...
Hi, I need an embedded device running Linux with a GSM SMS gateway capable of sending status sms messages and take action upon receiving sms messages. Which options do I have...? Geir
1
1

Please help with kernel configuration of RTC
Hi, I need to access the Real-Time Clock (RTC) for power management (apmd/ apmsleep) via /dev/rtc. However, when the kernel is configured and build, the /dev/rtc still does not show up. Below is the...
1
1

Configure Kernel with RTC
Hi, I need to access the real-time clock for power management (apmd). However, when the kernel .config file is set as below and built, there is still not /dev/rtc. There are, however, /dev/rtc,...

uCLinux, memory mapping large files
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone out there would be able to provide me with some information about memory mapping in uCLinux. I have done a fair bit of searching for information and so far i...
6
6

Memory mapping large files with uCLinux
Hi, I've done a fair bit of searching around for an answer to this question: Is it possible to memorymap a large file (120MB) from a block-based flash filesystem? The board i'm working with is the...
10
10

Help with window manager and GTK in embedded environment
Can someone confirm that whether I need the window manager or not? I use GTK to design the GUI for works in full- screen and minimizing are not window needs not to be that case, whether i need the...
1
1

newbie -ipv6 router
hi all, im totally new to embedded what would you recommend for the following: to learn embedded linux I would like to build an Ipv6 router Is there a starter kit and maybe a tutorial for such a...