Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

achieving smooth sustained writing to hdd
I have a video capture app which is streaming video to hdd. We tried using both write and fwrite, but if we don't fsync() every few kbs or tune bdflush to very aggressive settings, when kjournald...
1
1

Linux 2.4.26 & NPTL
I am running Linux 2.4.26 with glibc 2.3.2 on PPC and would like to change from LinuxThreads to NPTL. Is it possible? If it is, where would I go to get it and installation instructions?
1
1

taskRegsShow in RTLinux
Hi, Is there any API similar to taskRegsShow of VxWorks in RTLinux to display the contents of task's registers ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

ixp425 with crypto for SSH
I am running snapgear 2.6.17 on a ixp425 board, and I like to know how to accelerate the SSH functionality by using the hardware support to speed up the crypto. Do I need to patch the tree to do this?...

I need a one millisecond interrupt tick and can't get one...
In my DOS embedded system I modified the System timer from 55 ms to 1 ms and updated my hardware when interrupted. I counted to 55 zeroed that count and 'Chained' to the system timer routine to...
1
1

Re:Error in system files
hi , I am compiling the program in uclinux my program system.h is added.while copiling the program by using following comment shows the following error.how could i rectify the code which i am...

s3c2440a dma controller
is there any way to only perform read in every -DACK? without write. mode: Single service in Demand Mode with Unit Transfer Size

how to execute a binary file
hi, i am trying to run the emulator in android linux platform sdk. but it showing :can not execute binary file. How can you execute a binary file???????????? regards, siva

GDB Remote Debugging
Hi Guys. I am running gdb server on my target & running a cross-compiled version of the gdb on my host (Linux box). I am able to establish connectivity, problem is when I invoke the client part of the...
1
1

Decisions
Hi everyone I have been reading this group and see that it covers technical matters well, The questions I have deal more with making an informed decision whether the Linux kernel route is the way to...
6
6

help with remote input commands thru rsh
Hi friends, I'm writing a shell script to connect to a remote embedded system and do a few operations thru the Linux system on the embedded system. I didn't know how to send commands in my shell...
1
1

start/stop the application on embedded system from another computer
Hi friends, I wrote a program on an embedded system and have trouble controlling it from my Linux host connected to this embedded system through network. 1. Close the terminal, not the application I...
9
9

Dynamic stack size
Hi, How to make stack size dynamic for a task ? Karthik Balaguru

Help! Comparison of Embedded vs Regular Linux
Hi, I am working on an Embedded Linux Project. And i wanted to clear a few a doubts regarding the differences between Embedded linux vs regular linux. -> From what i understand, there is no difference...

Regarding Ltib for imx27
Hi!, I had installed Ltib for imx27 successfully but i am now trying to extract the kernel and the root file system from Ltib. I was able to extract the kernel from "ltib-imx27ads- 20070522/rpm/BUILD/...