Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

reboot/init
I am looking for inormation on reboot process. I have some board specific operations to just before my borad to be shutdown, by "init" process, I got to be just before the process issues a reset....

Is this board usable?
I am faced with the possibility of using an ARM-based board from Embest, a Chinese company, for an embedded linux job, and I don't know if I can proceed. The board is the SBC2410II, if you are...
15
15

slow USB HD with linux (busybox)
Hi there, I'm rather a busybox noob, so I hope to find some help here: I use busybox on my Siemens Gigaset settopbox together with VDR. This works very fine, but unfortunately I seem to be the only...

Workshop on Adaptive and Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (APRES'08)
Workshop on Adaptive and Reconfigurable Embedded Systems **** APRES 2008 **** Louis, MO, USA -- April 21, 2008 A satellite event of RTAS 2008, integrated in the CPSWEEK Adaptive systems can respond to...

persistent ramfs
Hi I seek anyone who have some experience with using a filesystem on persistent ram, I know of PRAMFS but have no experience with it. Anyone who have experience with the usability and/or stability of...

Undefined Reference while compiling
hiiiii, i am compiling the DCT application program in uclinux environment.i am, getting undefined reference error,i know this is linker problem,but i dont know to link and which file i have to link ....

Writing to a device at a known physical address
I know this is a pretty basic question but bear with me. I'm running Linux (2.6.10) on a Freescale Coldfire (M5484) chip. I ported the Colilo boot loader and made some mods to the kernel to run on a...
14
14

Looking for lightweight HTTP/FTP client API
Hello, We are working on an embedded project which acts as HTTP/FTP client sometimes in order to meet some special needs. I have to look for some kind of HTTP/FTP client API or library for it because...
8
8

Backtrace for all threads
I am working on an embedded Linux application and would like to print a backtrace of all the threads in my application. I came across the function "backtrace" which obtains a backtrace for the current...

arm-linux-cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
Hi, I am stucked in a problem while i am compiling my CPP apllication. I am using Embedded linux on ARM Board. I complie the application using arm-linux-cpp while compiling it gives the following...
2
2

[Commercial] Linux System and Device Driver Programming from Professionals
Hello All, Linux System and Device Driver Programming training is one of flagship training solutions offered by Concepts Systems. This training has become special one due to Concepts faculties having...

ARM Linux on qemu-system-arm
I'm a student from Belgium. For on of my courses (Embedded Linux Systems) I need to compile a linux kernel and busybox for ARM and than simulate is with QEMU. The problem is that we have to find out...

CFS and O(1) scheduler
Hi, Currently, Completely Fair Scheduler(CFS) is being used in 2.6.23 kernels . What is the drawback of O(1) scheduler that was in earlier kernels ? How can i visualise those differences ? I searched...
15
15

embedded sw engineers
Hi All, We need embedded software engineers who works in Istanbul at our RD center. Please check the attachments At least Master degree in related universities. Programming experiences in C, C++ under...

more advice please
Hello everyone, We are just starting off here and need a little advice, It seems that as far as a GNU debugger programmer for ARM9 is concerned the OpenOCD system is the way to go, for this you need a...
6
6