Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Missing Xlib for ARM board
I am still trying to figure out how to write to the LCD on an Embest SCB210-II. Now I am trying to compile and Xlib tutorial program I downloaded. But when I do the compile, I get link errors because...
22
22

question on Ethernet Devicedriver
Hi all, 1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6 Kernel.I have few Doubts. 2) If at all if a single packet comes...

sharp zaurus c3100
hi. i wanna buy this hardware and i wonder that i could install a different distro on it (with newer kernel etc). i found this site and i wonder: is it usable on this hardware? does anyone tried to...
1
1

NFS trouble?
I could use some help figuring out this problem. I am bringing-up a Freescale M5373EVB board. The documentation included with the uCLinux BSP is flawed in many ways and had made it a very time...
6
6

question on Ethernet Device driver
Hi all, 1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6 Kernel.I have few Doubts. 2) If at all if a single packet comes...

Embedded Linux and PCI (over AT91?)
Hello, I'm currently making the initial design decisions (and hence the most important ones) about a project, which will involve a processor running Linux. The project's initial definition is to take...
7
7

Microcontrollers, USB and Linux
Hi all, Simple question, I hope :-) What's a good architecture for embedded/microcontroller software development (in C) _under Linux_, with respect to the toolchain (C cross-compiler, assembler,...
7
7

Recommendation for ext2 or ext3 with CompactFlash
Hello, We are developing a Linux based embedded system that will use CompactFlash. Should we prefer ext2 or ext3? How should we think about the trade- offs? What is your experience using either in a...
3
3

Freescale MCF537x BSP
Interested in information from anyone who has worked with this. I am having initial problems due to inconsistencies in the documentation (or so I think). I started with: Downloaded from: I setup a new...

Regarding bios display setting resolution
Hi... I have a problem with the resolution setting in my bios. when i set 1024x768 in the bios display setting option and passing the kernel boot option as vga=0x317 or 0x314 for 1024x768 or...

check if memory is accessible
Hi, Does there exist an assembly instruction to check if a particular memory is accessible Best Regards, Rakesh UV
3
3

[Commercial] Linux System and Device Driver Programming from Professionals
Hello All, Linux System and Device Driver Programming training is one of flagship training solutions offered by Concepts Systems. This training has become special one due to Concepts faculties having...

compiling x86 busybox with uclibc support
Hi there, this is supposed to be a FAQ, but unfortunately it is not. How would I configure busybox to get linked against my custom Version of uclibc insted of the system glibc? Unfortunately recent...
4
4

Watchdog Timer on Boser HS-7001
Hi, I've been researching on Boser HS-7001 Watchdog Timer feature and somehow came up short. Does anyone here have a good reference on the functions regarding on programming this? So far I have the...

How to configure linux kernel with minimal size?
Hi, I was wondering how an embedded system developer will typically configure/customize an embedded linux kernel ? Suppose I know that the only user application is mp3 player, how do I get a miminal...