2.6.12 kernel won't show any messages on serial (ixdp465)

Hi, I built the 2.6.12 kernel (big-endian) and downloaded it into the ixdp465 device. When I execute the kernel (using : -c "console=ttyS0,115200n8") I get only the booting from address message of the redboot(ver 2.01), and then nothing. I compiled the kernel to support serial device as part of it(no modules) both in the carachter "device/serial drivers" and as input device. do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Shouldn't I see messages from the kernel (even if for now I dump the setting of the NFS)?

thanks, Eran

Reply to
eran.lnx

Ok found the problem, it is just that redboot was expecting to run a zipped image...

Reply to
eran.lnx