Wirless doorbell - adding switching output/buzzer? to output from speaker..

Hello, I have a wireless doorbell (which is all controlled by a blob chip so isint modifiable.. I wish to use it to have a switching output when the speaker is activated (as the rest of the circuit is a blob the only way is to use the output from the speaker..).. so i'll need to make another circuit to take the output that would normally power the speaker and use it to switch a relay.. is this possible?.. if it is a circuit diagram would be great :D Thanks

Reply to
helpme

So when somebody pushes the doorbell, normally the speaker puts out
some sort of a "ding-dong" signal or a melody of some kind and what
you want to happen is instead of (or in conjunction with) the audio
output you want a relay closure?

For how long do you want the relay to remain closed?
What kind of supply voltages do you have available?
What does the relay's load (what it's switching) look like?
Reply to
John Fields

Hey, Thanks for the reply :) . well the doorbell it makes a simple chime which lasts for about 3 seconds after the button is pressed, which is fine for the relay to be open that long, I dont need the speaker anymore on the doorbell itself, the doorbell is powered by 3v and the speaker is a tiny 2cm 8ohm type, so im not sure if the output from the speaker would power a relay thus another circuit is required..dont have to use a relay either.. I don't have a relay,its just an idea, so if you could recommend a type of relay that would work it would be good and as for supply voltages well i can use a plugpack so anywhere between 1 and 24 volts DC or AC i'd say... Let's say i want the relay to switch a standard LED,(Or torch bulb if that is easier), on (instead of the doorbell's speaker) when the chime sound is being generated. Given the doorbell's low output im not sure if this is feasable if a much complex circuit is required... Thanks :)

John Fields wrote:

Reply to
usernickname

--
Do you have a multimeter you can use to measure the voltage across
the speaker when it's chiming?

If you do, would you, and post what you find?

Thanks,
Reply to
John Fields

Hey, sorry about the slow response I measured the voltage across the speaker when its chiming to be 0.5V , on both AC and DC settings. yea i dont know if this idea of mine is possible with that low voltage^ Thanks :)

Reply to
person
*Bump* Anyone? oh well....
Reply to
person

That is about what is normally expected. You just need some amplification to drive other things. now what was it that you wanted to drive?

--
JosephKK
Reply to