wireless keyboard

hi i am an student studying electronics engineering;I want to make my wired keyboard a wireless one,could you please suggest the way to start and maybe some of the resources?

thanks saurabh

Reply to
saurabh mallik

Two ways to go.. RF or IR. Of course, the obvious is that you will need a transmitter and power source in the mouse, and a receiver that connects into the PS2 port or a USB port on the computer. Power to the receiver can be supplied by the port that it's connected to. If you choose IR, the mouse must be able to "see" the receiver's IR sensor, therefore, the mouse orientation WRT the receiver may be critical. Modulate the IR beam with pulses from the mouse. If you choose RF, the mouse can be a greater distance from the computer and does not have to have line-of-sight communications with the receiver. Orientation to the receiver is not critical. Either AM or FM is appropriate for the modulation technique, but AM will be vastly simpler to implement.

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Go buy a wireless keyboard, if you really need one. That way you'll have one *before* you graduate.

:-)

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Yeah don't waste good drinking time.

Reply to
CWatters

Ditto's CW.....

Reply to
Ross Mac

I would pick another project, but if you must, you can buy one for at little as 10 bucks from Frys Electronics and maybe their online store, Outpost.com. Then reverse engineer it. That's how many of us start as engineers. Good luck on your future, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac