Wideband Transmitter Design

With the proliferation of wireless technologies and the soon to be implemented RFID technology I was prompted to think of a way of disrupting the flow of these communications over the airwaves. possible uses could be jamming cell phones in cinemas or jamming WiFi in starbucks and watching the buisnessmen cry cause they cant get their e-mail. Thus I propose the idea of a wideband RF transmitter capable of producing noise on a variety of frequencies and that is also portable/breifcase sized so as you dont attract too much attension. Is a spark gap, the most simplest of transmitters the way to go. Does anyone still know how to build a spark gap and are they at all tuneable and how do you boost the output so as cellular and WIFI can be drowned out, Thanks for any ideas on this subjdect

Reply to
Victor Vector

Why not just throw a brick through the window of the nearest police station?

John

:>Thanks for any ideas on this subjdect

Dont.

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

I built an FM transmitter that constantly scans the FM broadcst band and locks on a particular freq when a microphone located outside my car picks up the 1000hz tone broadcat by the transmitter. Pressing a button generates a single sweep of the band and goes practically unnoticed by nearby listeners who happen to hear it on the radio. Only if the radio receiver is putting out a couple hundred watts will I get a lock. You can imagine how much fun this can be. Only problem I have with it is that few people who have these loud stereoes in their car listen to FM but I do catch a few.

Reply to
Jimmy

I'm extremely glad you don't know shit from apple butter about electronics. If you did, you'd start with Marconi's sparkgap XMTR and go from there.

Then, you'd spend ten to twenty years in jail.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

A sparkgap's a terrifically effective gadget for wiping out AM over a very broad band indeed, but with most comms now operating in other modes, it's far less effective, I'm afraid. Aircraft comms are still AM, though and since you're line-of-sight with them, you might bring a few planes down even if you can't screw up Starbucks' muzac.

--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch
               to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit

No he won't, aircraft operators have very elaborate com failure procedures. OTOH, he will have the FCC and the FAA at his doorstep in no time. Which is in turn what he will have to serve.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Hofmann

A spark gap is not the best idea for a jammer. They are inefficient. Somewhat audibly noisy also - presumably you'd want to be surreptitious in your activity . . . Also you run the risk of interrupting more than the person you find offensive.

I like the idea I saw on the web. The guy used the final amplifier and exciter from a junk cell phone and a sweep generator to rapidly switch frequencies. The people that built them claimed they worked well for local disruption in shopping malls, restaurants, and on the road.

Professional/commercial cell jamming devices probably use the same scheme. See

or

Use Google to search the newsgroups

Search on the phrase "cell phone jammer" and or "cell phone" +jammer the schematic I saw may still be up and about somewhere (I know I copied it).

From the newsgroups search I just ran:

I don't know if it works or not, but with all new parts it won't set you back more than $20 or so.

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

default

Complaint sent to Google with copies to FBI and FCC ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Quite true. A competently imaginative neoLuddite asshole would look at Marconi's loop and think about slide trombones. Getting it to slide fast enough to bugger FM/PM/PWM/ agile comms will be, um, difficult unless he considers altering its length electrically, switching through a series of loops (a la "multiwave" antennae), or something like that. Hell, I thought that up thirty years ago (but didn't try it).

I hope he enjoys buggering (or rather being buggered). If he's successful, he'll get plenty, especially if he follows any of the hints he gets here, so keep 'em coming!

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

place that had/has the cell phone jammer schematic

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

default

Glenn Hamblin

jimmy,you're a dick lol, go find a church somewhere and bother them instead,what an idiot

Reply to
Dennis Davis