Who makes 2N part#s?

Any idea who is that makes the line of 2N#### parts? Am trying to find cross-referrences, and all I have is an NTE cross and a book put out by Sam's that does crosses to RCA and a couple others. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

why find cross #s when you can get the exact ones?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Spice models. So I can simulate the circuit before trying to actually building it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

then just find the specs on the transistor and pick one from the list that comes with the tools..

I've used LTspice, even though I am not a simulator person I have found it useful for a conversation piece. It gets you out of the hole if you're not sure where to start.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

2N numbers are assigned by JEDEC, the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council. They are not property of any one manufacturer, and many companies can make parts using the same 2N number.

RCA has been out of this business for maybe 30 years. ON semiconductor might be the best place to look.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

These days probably from SE Asia regardless of the brand mark stamped on them.

Reply to
Ian Field