What's With These Holographic UL stickers?

You can't legislate for stupidity, nor should you try to - death and injury due to stupidity helps cleanse the gene pool. The McD plaintiff simply didn't have a case. Over here in the UK, she'd be laughed out of court.

I think it's really funny to see an American book of matches with a warning "Contents may burn"!

Chris

Reply to
Bias Comms

I hope the local Police took her to court for dangerous driving. It isn't possible to control a vehicle properly with a cup of coffee between your legs.

Chris

Reply to
Bias Comms

The fact that she was driving in a manner that could endanger other road users (with a cup of coffee between her legs) seems to have been overlooked. In countries with (mostly) sensible, responsible laws, she would have been jailed for dangerous driving!

Chris

Reply to
Bias Comms

She was not driving. Her car was in park!

Don Klipstein

#Hah-hah! Snork! One of the guys at work was out because he got #scalded by some hot water. Reminded me of that lady who won the #lawsuit against McDonalds because she got scalded by hot coffee. #Now every time I see a cup of coffee, I'm reminded of that by the now #prevelant WARNING on it. In multiple languages!

This may be a little off topic. I just thought that people should know what really happened.

The scalding hot coffee was meant for customers who bring in their own thermos cup. In this instance they servered the coffee in a paper cup, and as a result the woman received scalds.

The lady who was scalded asked for $400 to cover her medical bills. McDonald's high priced lawyers fought it very aggressively. The jury was so pissed off at McDonalds for not settling it awarded her $20000.

Reply to
zoldoff

Some people just make stuff up and type it, don't they?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Somewhat different to what happened on Earth, but what the heck, it was fun.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

The usenet only requires a finite number of monkeys with typewriters to be self supporting.

;-)

note to spammers:  a Washington State resident
Don't get even -- get odd! :¬þ
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:45:44 GMT, zoldoff Gave us:

Bullshit. ALL of the pots have the same temperature heaters.

Hell, I don't even think you can get the numbers right, much less the facts.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:29:00 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

Hence your post.

Reply to
DarkMatter

It's important to remember that heat and temperature are two related but different things also.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Don't want to correct you Dr Watson, but her law suit was settled out of court. After a couple of reversals, the attourneys finally aggeed on how much money each one would make.

Tomato

Reply to
Tomato Head

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 02:12:58 GMT, Tom MacIntyre Gave us:

There is a thermostatic switch on the heaters that operates the same, regardless of line voltage. The pots remain the same temperature as when they were manufactured. They were not adjusted higher or lower by MacDonalds... at all.

Reply to
DarkMatter

I recall an anecdote about a lawsuit between Sony and an American company. One of Sony top executives called his counterpart at the US company and wanted to settle it. The US company couldn't do it, because their attorneys had a clause in their contract that allowed them to turn on the US company and sue them for what they would have made had the lawsuit gone ahead.. of course, the Japanese found that quite incredible.