What's this Western Electric PCB Out Of?

So, what's it out of?

=1247

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

PDP-1 ?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Aurora, Ontario

Reply to
Boris Mohar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca mentioned...

I thought DEC made PDPs, not Western Electric.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

Remover"

It's out of an early SS WE PBX

Reply to
Nukie Poo

In article , "Nukie Poo" mentioned...

Thank you. That's the best answer so far.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

That was my first impression too. Thinking back on the PDP-1, I/O card with one logic IC on it for breadboarding.

Reply to
Oppie

In article , snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-ludl.com mentioned...

Then why is it in a Western ELectric computer? PBP-1s were made by DEC. Did WeCo buy logic boards from DEC with their name on them, and use them in their computers?

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

This is a possibility, because the Foxboro Company did just this. In fact at one time, the Foxboro Company sold an entire PDP-1 with their nameplate on it.

This is not atypical for firms in the process control industry.

I have no knowledge of WE doing this, but it wouldn't suprise me at all if they had, given that DEC sold principally to OEMs during their early years.

Harry C.

p.s., Anybody want to buy a mint condition manual for the DEC PDP-1. If so, I have one for sale. You can contact me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if interested.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Gee the only thing I have left from my DEC days are the letters PDP-5 from the first PDP-5 used here in Canada. They don't take up as much space as the PDP-8 system I tossed out.

Jay in Greensville,Ont.

Reply to
j.b. miller

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca mentioned...

You probably have more power and memory in your pocket calculator!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

Believe or not some Army and Air Force National Guard and Reserve Units are still ising these boards in their AN-TCC-30s.

Terry Rickmon Rio Linda, CA

Reply to
hogpilot

In article , snipped-for-privacy@mother.com mentioned...

That's why they're known as:

Antique thirties!

Guess what they called the AN/PRC-90 radio set?