What is a P injection diode?

Hi all,

I am kinda stumped, what is a P injection diode, more importantly, I was referred to get a

7/10s rating?!? (circuit voltage is 12-14VDC low current

This is a Zener of some sort?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
GWG

referred to get a

I have no idea. SCR's (thyristors in today's nomenclature) have I^2*t ratings to size them for surge currents.

Can you provide more detail, application, etc.?

...Jim Thompson

My best guess is a PN junction diode which has been damaged by a language barrier, substandard penmanship, or other sources of noise and entropy. By specifically mentioning PN junction, the schottky diode type is possibly omitted but I can't immediately think of any other diode which would be omitted.

Reply to
Howard Henry Schlunder

PIN Diode?

--
 Keith
Reply to

I suppose that's possible, if it isn't a prank and given the translation from Australian. I once waxed poetic to an Antipodean of the spice ships which once plied the Straits of Malacca, and he thought I was describing something extraterrestrial. They generally seem to be able to understand each other, though.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

referred to get a

--- It's part of a mixing valve on a urinal, and functions to hold a valve which mixes urine with water open for from seven to ten seconds. What happens is that when the the valve opens and injects pee into the flushing water rushing by, the diode gets hot and its forward voltage drop is monitored until it reaches a voltage corresponding to the flush cutoff, when the valve is closed and the diode allowed to cool for the next flush. ;)

-- John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

referred to get a

I think your taking the piss :)

Reply to
Mjolinor

Thanks guys, it is quite possible that the gent who sent this information made a mistake.

Is a 1N4001 a PN Junction diode? I'm sure any 1N4000 series diode will work in my application.

Reply to
GWG

That would be an S hot key diode.

John

a mistake.

my

Yes. A 1N4004 or 1N4005 would be better.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

A very funny definition "Mjolinor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FpiJb.318$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net...

was

Reply to
tony dunne

An ex-hockey dialed?

Reply to
Garrett Mace

Malacca, Magellan, potayto, potahto... Maybe he was a Guild navigator on vacation.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

vacation.

You're trying too hard- it's a "spice ship", "mite". ;-)