Way OT: IE6 Privacy/Cookies Problem

In news:4RCyb.62802$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com (Roger Gt):

Oh thank you! Save me from explaining what sarcasm is...

Reply to
Mark Jones

As in Alistair? No ;-)

Reply to
Baphomet

Thank you, apparently someone else also uses the handle of the Templar patron, or whatever he was!

Sorry for the intrusion. Hoped to reconnect with an old friend!

He wasn't Alistair ether.... "Jason"

Reply to
Roger Gt

Indeed it is. He is what we commonly refer to in Britain as a "complete wanker."

--
"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
                                                                   - Winston

Although the Knights Templar were commisioned by Pope Inocent II in 1112 A.D. to protect crusading pilgrims on their journey to the Holy Land and were in effect, defenders of the Christian faith, historians repeatedly uncovered the name Baphomet to whom the Templars ostensibly paid obeissance. Baphomet? What the hell was a Baphomet they asked as that name had never surfaced before in all of recorded history. Recent historians have suggested that Baphomet was really a transliteration of Sophia, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom.

Absolutely no apology necessary.

Reply to
Baphomet

TNX for the Verification, I would hate to kill file an otherwise innocent party having a bad day. Had a few of those myself!

I try to be polite, but the Kill file is a good alternative!

Reply to
Roger Gt

obeissance.

suggested

I know about the name, we have a reenactment of the Templars in my historical reconstruction group. One of them is the 'Jason' I was looking for. We hold instructional Demonstrations and reenactments for educational purposes. A lot of fun dressing up in the style of those times, and the Mead is good too! And the wenches no less enjoyable! Ever notice how a costume frees the inhibitions?

Anyone not in costume is regarded as "naked" and not really "THERE"

Reply to
Roger Gt

I've found that the tech support of some financial sites routinely advises people that they must check automatic override. I couldn't find a way around it. Either you accept low privacy or those sites don't work.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

I think what happened here is that Roger just did an incredibly poor job of quoting, making dark matter's words look like his own. You couldn't tell because, like everyone else, you kill-filed dm.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yep, I kill-filed dm *many* moons ago.

So is "Roger Gt" worthy of another chance, or is he yet another smart-mouth with nothing technical to contribute ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Well, maybe! I only have forty-one years experience in the engineering field. Thought I saw you a couple times at ASU when I was there in the 70's Also at some trade shows. But cat' place the dates! Memory is the second thing to go, you know. I Can't seem to remember the first.

Haven't seen any questions which were not answered, more or less. And have been just looking around for now. Feeling the place out you might say, to see how comfortable it is........ I want it not too scratchy, or crude!

Roger Gt

Reply to
Roger Gt

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:15:51 +0000, Paul Burridge Gave us:

You are what is know throughout the world as a "spent asswipe".

That must be what the stench in this group was generated by.

Reply to
DarkMatter

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com (DarkMatter):

Even better than killfile: ROT-13file! Now the dude REALLY is talking shit.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Bull. He pointed out that your post referred to no one. Following that you addressed your post to Baphomet.

Give me a break - this is a public forum.

No.

Reply to
ehsjr

Winston Churchill

If you folks are waiting for a polite reply from DM....those are rare indeed. The man is a true Usenet Troll....do a google groups search....I went at it with this character for a month or so and finally realized he is a self appointed Usenet Cop/Moderator who routinely corrects spelling and grammar (even though his is often incorrect) and corrects postings that are indeed good quality information to just get his 2 cents in. Feel sorry for DM....something is seriously wrong there....what, I have no idea!!......

Reply to
Ross Mac