Watts vs. VAs

My basic question is: Which one does the power company bill you for?

Background: I have one of those "Kill A Watt" thingies, and I've noticed that it tells you the number of Watts, the number of "Volt Amps" (which is generally greater than Watts) and the "Power Factor" (which is, of course, Watts divided by VA, so it will be something like 0.6). I sort of, almost, understand the difference between Watts and VAs, but what I am really curious about is which one the power company uses to bill you. I would expect Watts, but you know how companies are, they usually pick whatever will maximize the bill...

--
Windows 95 n. (Win-doze): A 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for
an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company

Modern day upgrade --> Windows XP Professional x64: Windows is now a 64 bit
tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit
operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that
can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Reply to
Kenny McCormack

Watts

--
Boris
Reply to

OK, thanks.

BTW, how's Natasha doing these days?

--
"The anti-regulation business ethos is based on the charmingly naive notion
that people will not do unspeakable things for money." - Dana Carpender

Quoted by Paul Ciszek (pciszek at panix dot com).  But what I want to know
is why is this diet/low-carb food author doing making pithy political/economic
statements?

Nevertheless, the above quote is dead-on, because, the thing is - business
in one breath tells us they don't need to be regulated (which is to say:
that they can morally self-regulate), then in the next breath tells us that
corporations are amoral entities which have no obligations to anyone except
their officers and shareholders, then in the next breath they tell us they
don't need to be regulated (that they can morally self-regulate) ...
Reply to
Kenny McCormack

Natasha Fatale is a girlfriend of Boris Nadenov. Wrong Boris.

Boris
Reply to
Boris Mohar

Last I heard, she was about to dump Boris and was probably bedding Fearless Leader. Something about not being able to cope with Boris and his moose & squirrel fetish was mentioned in the tabloids.

--
Security provided by Mssrs Smith and/or Wesson. Brought to you by the letter Q
Reply to