Wanted:- Hard disk PCBs

Hi all.

I've noticed that many of the newer (and some older) hard disks have some fairly impressive SMD MOSFET chips to drive the motor and actuator.

Is there any chance of anyone salvaging the PCBs from the next batch of hard disks they sent for secure deletion; there is no risk of data being salvaged from the board as every hard disk ever made stores everything except the firmware (and some even store this) on the platters.)

I'd be willing to pay postage + time as there are also other uses such as board swapping on drives with bad PCBs.

Thanks, -A

Reply to
conundrum

I have a lot of old dead drives, where are you?

dan

c> Hi all.

Reply to
rue_mohr

Are these chips on a separate PCB that gets connected to the HD by some kind of cable, or are then on a PCB that is physically attached to the HD or are the resident inside the HD somehow, so that one has to take the HD apart to get at them?

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler