video decoder

hi to all! while searching for video decoder i came through this site.actually i am looking for a video decoder if any1 can suggest me something. i am in need of a video decoder for which the input is continuous stream of data from a video camera and the output is frame by frame pictures in digital output format.the decoder should be compatible for both analog as well as digital input. thnx!

Reply to
suruchi81

[...]

I believe this will suit your needs:

This will give you output to mpeg2 which is DVD authoring ready.

Keep in mind that you will need a video board that accepts input from whatever your video camera outputs (composite or S-video) I personally have a ATI Radeon 7500 all in wonder:

My model is no longer available, but this one is it's cheapest successor:

Jay

try an ADS Pyro A/VLink (firewire) for analog, DV is usually firewire direct.

--
JosephKK
Reply to