Vgear MobiDTV USB DVB-T receiver

If anyone is thinking of buying one of these, the silly table top antenna gets 0 channels, plugging it into a boosted rooftop antennae gives full signal strength indication but about half the channels still won't scan in. The problem seems to be the receiver fails to recognise the "data channel" or "splash screen" transmitted by 'off air' channels - none of the TV set top boxes I've used suffer this problem.

The instruction manual cheerfully points out that missing channels can be added by clicking the "add channel" button - not so! the add button is greyed out and does nothing! Having tried re-installing the drivers and installing alternative drivers found on their website there seems no solution to this problem - they have not replied to my email asking about this, maybe they're overwhelmed with complaints!!!

Reply to
ian field

I have had exactly the same problem, but with an addition

In the manual on page 13 it says you may check if the driver is installed completely. Please go to Device Manager and click Sound, video and game controllers and you'll see ' USB digital receiver on the list, if you dont see it please install driver again, well i did that

4 times and still I cant get the driver on that list.

I am very dissappointed with it and going to take it back tommorrow and get my money back.

ian field wrote:

Reply to
Sue