Using Winbond ISD1100

Hi all,

I've a question for anyone out there that has done designs with the Winbond chips. I wish to use a ISD11X0 in a design that wants to have multiple phrases that are uttered in round-robin format. What I have been unable to ascertain is whether the ISD1110 can be addressed like the ISD1420 chip, to get selection and fast-forwarding of arbitrary length messages (not needing specific addresses to be used.) Can anyone shed light on this? I want to use the cheapest chip possible in the design.

Also, is the on chip speaker amp good enough to be heard with a 1" diameter 16 ohm speaker at close range in a not terribly noisy room? Any information that anyone has would be appreciated before I started on a client project and brought in parts.

thanks, DLC

* Dennis Clark         dlc@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
* "Programming and Customizing the OOPic Microcontroller" Mcgraw-Hill 2003 *
Dennis Clark