USB->serial->USB adapter needed

Hello,

I am trying to send RS232 data from two notebooks that do not have serial ports. I know there are USB to serial (RS232) adapters available. These allow communications to occur through a virtual serial port. Now, what I need is a USB to USB RS232 serial cable, that allows serial transmissions to occur, but via USB connections.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
eljainc

You need a USB->serial adapter on each PC and a null modem cable (or adapter) between the two USB->serial adapters.

John

Reply to
news

that's either inpossible or trivially easy (try a null modem cable)

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I thought someone would have recommended this before, but I don't remember seeing it posted. Instead of USB-serial-USB, you can just make a USB network between your two computers with a special USB cable. Take a look here and take your choice:

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveM