Unlocking the controls on a COMPAQ V570?

Hi all!

I have the following problem with a COMPAQ V570 monitor:

The internal controlling chip locked the keys (when I press any of the 4 keys on the front of the monitor, the menu just says 'Controls locked'). (I think it happened because the keyboard was pushed close to the monitor and the back edge of the keyboard pushed the keys of the monitor, and the controller chip disabled them for safety, just like in a cell phone.)

I need to unlock the menu to change some options. I tried to turn the monitor on and off but the keys are still locked (the menu says the same message). How can I unlock them?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Mr. 4X

Push and hold the menu button for more than 10 seconds.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/user_reference_guides/230714-002_rev3_us.pdf

Page 10.

Reply to
Josey

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/user_reference_guides/

230714-002_rev3_us.pdf

THANKS!!!

Reply to
Mr. 4X