Universal Charger project

I have several battery powered tools. Some are without chargers. I'd like a universal charger that would handle any battery type from 7.2v to 24v in any battery pack from any manufacture. Too many physical configurations to expect a plug in setup so I'd use wires and clips to connect.

I have a Hitachi UC 24YFA 7.2 thru v24v for both NiCD or NiMH. It has

4 pins plus, minus, T, and S. I do not have a charger manual or a Hitachi battery to disassemble, but I assume the T is for temperature control by an internal thermistor and the S for sensor and I think this my biggest unknown{different internal resistor for each voltage?}.

How could I use this as a start for my project?

Reply to
Dennis Thornton