Troubleshooting vacuum pumps

Hi, hope someone have time to help me with one of my lifes problems... I have currently two dead vacuum pumps, both having same symptoms.. When power is turned on, I can only hear a weak noise thats similar to the sound coming from a transformer. These are two vacuum pumps, one being a rotary vane oil pump and the other is a membrane pump.

I thoat in beginning that problem was in the starting capacitors... but changing them didn't help much..

Any idea what could be the problem? Does this sound like a foalt in the electronics or mechanics? What would be the next thing to check?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
frogfot

Are the motors free to turn by hand? What was the improvement when you changed the capacitors? What are the'electronics' supposed to do? Have you bypassed this and configured as a simple motor. Have the pumps ever worked in your ownership - i.e. were you give dead ones?

more info needed

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

  1. one of the pumps are stuck..
  2. Bad motor (open winding). Try giving the motor a spin when you apply power..
Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie