Tesla coil explanation?

Yeppers I agree. People that are different from the majority are see as living outside the majority and are usually labled in some really interesting ways. There are still discoveries to be made, and I bet most of them will be found by those outside the box, with a few hairs short of a pelt.

Reply to
Modat22

Tesla's place in history is guaranteed by the unit named for him, the Tesla, a unit of flux density in which MRI machines are calibrated. I read it is one Weber per square meter. Now if I could remember what a Weber was....

--
_______________________________________
John E. Todd         jtodd@island.net

obsessive-compulsive

mentioned,

leas

It's a carburator (remember them ,cars used to have them on)

Reply to
Mjolinor

A Weber is the amount of flux that - if reduced slowly to zero- induces a single volt in a one turn coil.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III

I think a certain formula one car still has a Weber on board.

Reply to
R.Lewis

------------- Nope. Not when they were crazy.

------------------ It was easy to figure out. Heat kills living things, was the clue.

The idea of using mold to cure disease?? Insane!

------------------ Fleming saw some mold polluting some petri dishes. It killed the bacteria.

----------- He was a beaten child who remained a virgin all his life to try to be perfect. His early genius was polluted and useless by this delusion after he was 35.

------------ Pop legend.

----------- Feynman was extremely stable. People simply wish to hate geniuses, or find they are flawed. It help people cope with their failures to believe such dreck.

------------ The real guy was autistic and not even THAT functional.

------------ NO one knew any such thing about radiation back then.

------------- More pop garbage.

--------------------- Barely. You simply wish to believe insanity is genius, either because you deeply resent genius, or fear you're crazy.

-------------- No, they're normal! You're NOT!

--------------- The "masses" don't have the vaguest idea what Truth is. This is all compensation for failure.

---------------- No, that's because white trash are just ignorant and wish to tell themselves that "book learnin'" is unimportant to their worth, and they're wrong!

--------------------- You're nuthin'.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
R. Steve Walz

have

leas

don't

their

and

ROTFL! OK Oh great and all-knowledgeable Steve. I defer to your obvious superiority over all the masses and people who compensate their failures in your eyes by calling genius a little mad. Thanks for the laughter. My co-workers and I have gotten a kick out of your arrogant elitist rantings and have passed your posts around the network. I think we have a couple of ladies in our PR department who would like to discuss some inaccuracies with your oral sex instructions on your website, BTW. I was hoping to troll you out a bit longer and refute your opinions (by the way, you might want to brush up on what makes an opinion different from fact,) but you're obviously not worth it.

If anyone else who's posted to this thread is reading, thanks for your time and replies. I appreciate your taking the original question seriously and posing thoughtful, respectful replies. Much appreciated.

Ciao! Liam

Reply to
LRW

Apparently it's even a Mk.1............

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Hey, Steve...

Who pissed in your cheerios??? Or have you just got a mad-on for the whole world?

--
Don Bruder -  dakidd@sonic.net
Reply to

-------------------- Posture, posture, posture. Ho-hum. No content from you, we see.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
R. Steve Walz

------------- I just hate useless illogical morons who can't stick to content.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
R. Steve Walz

Actually, I think that if somebody invented such a weapon, then everybody on the planet should have one. There'd be a lot less rude, annoying people around that way. ;-)

I like Scott Adams' "Atheist Airlines" idea. Instead of a security gate with x-rays and crap, you have a booth with at least one icon from each religion, and have passengers come in and blaspheme all the gods. Then let them carry chainsaws, bazookas, whatever they want onto the airplane. He remarks something to the effect that Atheists generally don't go around starting trouble unless there's a handy means of escape nearby. (which an airplane in flight doesn't really have. :-) )

Or was it Dave Barry?

Cheers! Rich

Don Bruder wrote: ...

Reply to