tektronix 2215 fault

My tektronix 2215 cro just packed up! It suddenly started making a hissing sound - which is coming from the high-voltage section in the'scope.

Any pointers as to what this might be, (where I can get a service manual) appreciated. ps I know it's a dangerious part of the circuit in which to work.

Reply to
dave

Google is your friend.

A search for "Tektronix 2215 manual" without the quotes finds:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Yes I know - and I've already obtained a manual for the scope. I was hoping maybe some clues about the fault itself.

Reply to
dave

Insulation breakdown in the HT transformer perhaps.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Sound like a capacitor lost it's magic smoke.