source for quality 50k linear pots?

I recently bought a Roland SDE-2000 rackmount digital delay processor and am in need of two 50k linear pots; I can't find them anywhere! Thing is, I need the smaller size- 16mm diameter casing I think, with at least a 3/4" shaft. Does anyone know a good source for parts? I can't seem to find them anywhere on the 'net and the handful of local repairmen are just as clueless. Am I not looking hard enough? Help! :-)

TIA,

Mike

Reply to
Michael Hernandez

There are a few more things we need to know.

1. Shaft diameter
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

am

them

MCM Electronics

Baphomet

If you are having trouble with them just being noisy(dirty, I guess since your unit is digital, no audio actually passes through it), what I do is take them apart (being very careful), and clean them out, reshape the wiper, and make certain the carbon track is in good shape.

I put it all back together, (if the tabs break, I use solder to keep it all together or add solder to reinforce the tab). and test it out.

I've got oodles of audio experience (being in the pro-sound business), and this worked when I couldn't find the proprietary fader that manufacturers use. Unique footprints out there, just call up Roland, they may have 'em? or not....

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Myron Samila

Take a look at the Clarostat potentiometer line. They have several products that appear to meet your requirements. They're available from Newark Electronics.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Don't forget ALPS.