SOlar Flare Reprise - More Info

The Lunar Eclipse this evening was a total bust here in LaLa Land, because of the total cloud cover. So instead, I figured I'd post some interesting solar flare info from Delton Horn's Basic Electronics book, p.95ff.

I skipped over the part where the ozone layer protects us from most of the ionizing radiation, etc.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.dslextreme.com (Watson A.Name - Watt Sun, Dark Remover):

So THAT's what we can say caused the great NE blackout! :)

Reply to
Mark Jones

Best excuse I have heard.....Did they ever get to the bottom of that one????

Reply to
Ross Mac

Wasn't it caused by them testing the top-secret "Omega Pi Super-luminal Hadron Accelerator" in Area 51, Nevada? ;-) Caused a cascade failure in the grid.

-A

Reply to
Andre