Slow blow fuses?

I have been servicing x-ray machines for a long time and have always known slow blow fuses to have a certain look. I have always seen them to be a thin wire wrapped around some sort of foam support or white material within the fuse. I recently ordered some 2 amp slow blow fuses and when I received them they looked quite different. these fuses seem to hjust have a small wire and in the middle of it there looks like a bead of metal. Are these the NEW type of slow blow fuse? Can somebody enlighten me? Thanks

Reply to
R3Jar

Some slow blow fuses have the conductors under spring tension and a bead of low melting solder at the juncture. When it gets hot, the two conductors slide apart and the circuit opens.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III