Simple line level amp circuit for auto application?

I've hack-installed a satellite radio receiver into my car's factory stereo, however the line level output of the receiver is nowhere near the level required to drive the receiver happily. The end result is that when listening to the satellite, the receiver's volume has to be at or near maximum, which means it is amplifying all the low level noise and crap along with it.

I'd like to put a simple line level amplifier in there to solve the problem, obviously running off the car's 12 to 13.8v supply, and being relatively immune to external noise. Years ago when I did this sort of thing I would have used a 741 op amp, but I understand there are far better solutions (sonically) nowadays - a 5532, perhaps?

Anyone have any suggestions as to components and circuits I could use, or better yet, a proven kit I could put together?

Thanks...

Reply to
Scott MacLean

stereo,

along

problem,

Something like this would work pretty well...

(This is mono, you will need two for stereo) But it only costs 4USD

Reply to
Richard Crowley

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SPAMnerosoft.com mentioned...

Have you checked to see if it might be a loading problem? In other words, are you trying to drive a low impedance input with a high impedance output? If so, your amp may not help at all if it is also a high Z output. And all you might need is something to match the impedance. A pair of transistors in an emitter follower circuit might do just what you need, yet they could be put in the existing circuit. Another thought is that a simple matching transformer might also work.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###