Simple FM radio Transmitter

Well, its not so simple for me actually. Thats the project I have chosen for this semester. The most basic circuit I have found on Internet is this:

1) Please tell me what does BC547 doing here and what is its alternative? 2) and please do tell me more about that electret microphone. 3) Is there any way I can make it more simpler. Thanks
Reply to
qoo

If you *must* post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, use this technique.

*-*-*-marked-as-Read-in-ALL-*-groups+Newsgroups.line

Note: This is NOT Google Groups.

*-a-service-for-*-*-*+Usenet+*-Wikipedia+hide.the.fact+*-*-policed+concerns-*-*-*-*-about-the-Google-interface+*-summary+*-*-*-not-*-mustered-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+follow-Usenet-customs-and-*-rules+less-*-savvy-*+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-is-now-legendary+zz-zz+qq+Web

If you are going to use Usenet, find a tutorial on Usenet and read it.

Reply to
JeffM

There are two BC547 in the circuit. The one on the left is acting as an audio frequency amplifier....

"First amplification stage: this is a standard self-biasing common emitter amplifier. The 22nF capacitor isolates the microphone from the base voltage of the transistor and only allows alternating current (AC) signals to pass."

The second one on the right is acting as a Radio Frequency Amplifier/oscillator....

"The tank (LC) circuit: every FM transmitter needs an oscillator to generate the radio Frequency (RF) carrier waves. The tank (LC) circuit, the BC547 and the feedback 5pF capacitor are the oscillator in the Cadre. An input signal is not needed to sustain the oscillation. The feedback signal makes the base-emitter current of the transistor vary at the resonant frequency. This causes the emitter-collector current to vary at the same frequency. This signal fed to the aerial and radiated as radio waves. The 27pF coupling capacitor on the aerial is to minimise the effect of the aerial capacitance on the LC circuit. The name 'tank' circuit comes from the ability of the LC circuit to store energy for oscillations. In a pure LC circuit (one with no resistance) energy cannot be lost. (In an AC network only the resistive elements will dissipate electrical energy. The purely reactive elements, the C and the L simply store energy to be returned to the system later.) Note that the tank circuit does not oscillate just by having a DC potential put across it. Positive feedback must be provided. (Look up Hartley and Colpitts oscillators in a reference book for more details.) "

Something like a BC107 should be a suitable alternative (case maybe different).

It's already quite simple.

Reply to
CWatters

."

te

nd

he

ts

Thankyou so much for that usefull information. That will really help me a lot.

Reply to
qoo