Serial port program wanted

Can anyone recommend a program that I can use to do some serial port work?

I just need to config the port on my PC then send a few characters (inc ESC) either from a file or by typing on kbd.

Reply to
CWatters

Don't worry. I've just found this one. Looks like it does exactly what I need.

ESC)

Reply to
CWatters

Since you don't give away your preferred OS, I assume you are talking about some flavour of Window$. In this case HyperTerminal is the first choice, since it comes with the OS.

In case you are using something like a half-decent OS (Linux comes to mind), minicom seems to be prudent.

HTH, Michael

Reply to
Michael Hofmann

Just about any terminal emulator package will do what you describe. Look around for an old copy of Procomm Plus.

If you need something Windows-based, and you'd like Telnet capability as well, try CRT from VanDyke Software.

I would add that a search on Google for "Windows Terminal Emulator" (with the quotes) turns up over 4300 hits.

Happy hunting.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

See what just 30 minutes with Google can do? ;-)

Reply to
Michael

"CWatters" schreef in bericht news:t4xNb.13031$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...

ESC)

What OS are you running?

petrus

petrus bitbyter

Actually I spent two hours yesterday looking for what I wanted and then found it in 30 mins today (and yes it was using google).

Reply to
CWatters