Scam or legitimate music site ?

This is way off topic for many, but I have a feeling that there are more than a few real musicians and even more aspiring musicians in this forum. I am searching the net for online music shops for a new guitar. Google led me to

They have a guitar listed on their site that I would like very much to buy. However, their listed price is several hundred dollars below all other online music stores and many hundred dollars below the local music shops. I'm well aware of the axiom that says that if sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I've searched the web for any reviews of this site,and found a couple of complaints, but no real reviews of the site by real customers. Has anyone here ever done business with this site, or know of anyone who has? I'd really like to hear from someone who can verify that it's a real business, and not a scam site.

Thanks for listening, Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

Pay with PayPal and you can claim it back if they try to shaft you

Reply to
David Eather

100% scam.

The domain is registered to PrivacyProtect.org in Australia, which is a favorite among criminals.

Web and mail hosting is on "Turnkey Internet Inc" in New York.

Their "contact us" phone number is for Indonesia.

does not have an SSL certificate. Their checkout cart and account management pages have no security and do not meet the requirements for their claimed payment processors.

Components of their web site were clearly stolen from other sites.

retains links to
(looks fake too).

Nothing but fake security badges:

Kevin McMurtrie

Boss Music was what 93/KHJ was claiming to play in 1965. I haven't heard of an online music store by that name, but I only know what Yahoo and Google push at me.

Reply to
dave